Ed Lavandera is a Mexican-American news reporter and anchor and is well known for being National Correspondent for CNN U.S. He first joined CNN in 2001.
Before joining CNN, Lavender also worked as a news reporter at KVUE-TV in Austin, Texas, and also as a correspondent with WFAA-TV in Dallas. She worked as a news anchor and reporter at KOSA-TV in Midland/Odessa, Texas. Lavandera is very well known for his unique way of portraying storytelling and crafting stories that bring the story to life for a wide range.
Ed Lavandera was born on January 1st in 1973 in Mexico, North America. The details regarding his parents and siblings have not been revealed yet. So, the information regarding his family cannot be found on the web.
After graduating from high school, Lavandera completed an undergraduate degree in journalism at the University of Texas at Austin. He is also very fluent in Spanish.
In present days, Lavandera still continues to work with CNN and has completed his 20th anniversary with the Channel. He even has earned various achievements and awards while working as a correspondent as well as a news reporter.
Here’s a short piece of info on the personal and professional life of another popular news anchor Justin Farmer.
Ed Lavandera’s Wife and Personal Life Details
Ed has not opened about his personal life with the public. Lavandera seems to be a very private person when it comes to his personal life. Even more, he hasn’t disclosed whether he’s married, single, or in a relationship. Since he has not shared any kinds of details regarding his private life, it is not known whether he has any children.
Ed Lavandera Net Worth and Salary
According to various media out found on the internet, Lavandera’s net worth is estimated to be about USD $ 1 million. This huge net worth comes from his long career as a TV news reporter and channel correspondent. His salary is estimated to be around USD $ 81,213 per year.
Awards and Achievements of Ed Lavandera
Ed has won various awards and has gained various achievements during his long career as a news reporter and correspondent to CNN. Some of these awards and achievements are as follows:
- Laundress won the Peabody Award in 2020 for “The Hidden Workforce: Undocumented in America.”
- Ed has won the ‘Katie Award’ (Dallas Press club).
- Ed has an Emmy nomination under his name for his work on a Hispanic news magazine program at WFAA-TV.
- He won the Peabody Award in 2010. He also won a Peabody Award for his 2019 documentary, “The Hidden Workforce: Undocumented in America,” exposing how undocumented immigrants are deeply woven into the fabric of American society.
- Lavandera doesn’t hesitate to work in uncomfortable situations even when it risks his safety.
- During his 15-year anniversary at CNN, he was rewarded with his first prime-time documentary for CNN.
- Apart from his reporting ventures, Ed is also well known for being a foodie. In an interview, he stated that his favorite food is Texas BBQ.
Ed Lavandera Wiki Facts
|Full Name||Ed Lavandera|
|Birth Date||1st January 1973|
|Birth Place||Mexico, North America|
|Age||50 years old|
|Height||5’4” (Approx. 1.6 m)|
|Occupation||News Reporter, Tv Personality|
|Popular Work||“Biker Brawl: Inside the Texas Shootout.” (Produced)|
|Awards||Peabody Award, Katie Award, Edward R. Murrow Award|
|Net Worth||USD $ 1 Million|
|Social Media||Instagram Twitter|