Kim Simmonds is best known for being the founder, leader, and guitarist of the late 1960s blues-rock band, Savoy Brown. He is stated to be one of the founding fathers of the Savoy Brown Institution.
How old is Kim Simmonds? His, Age, Family, Parents, Siblings Details
Kim Simmonds is also known as Kim Maiden Simmonds was born on 5 December 1947, in Newbridge, Caerphilly, Wales. Although the details relating to his parent’s identities along with the identities of his siblings have not been disclosed, it is clear that Kim grew up in wales along with his older brother.
Kim Simmonds is 74 years old.
As a young teenager, Simmonds was pretty much interested in music and was enrolled in music from his early days.
Kim was inspired by his older brother’s blues record and learned to play the blues-rock genre from listening to the records at an early age.
Kim Simmonds Wife and Children
Kim Simmonds has always kept his personal life very private and away from the reach of both the media and the general public. Therefore, there is no information available on the details of Kim’s relationship status nor regarding his personal life. The knowledge related to whether Simmonds has any children or not also is not disclosed to the date. The information will be updated once the details are made available.
The information regarding the educational background of Kim Simmonds has not been made revealed to the general public. Since Simmonds was interested in music from an early age, it is safe to assume that Kim pursued his dream of being a musician from an early age.
Kim Simmonds started his career as a musician at the tender age of 18 years old. He formed the band along with harmonica player John O’Leary named ‘Savoy Brown Blues Band’, a British blues band in 1965 in Battersea, Southwest London.
The original band included members; harmonica player John O’Leary, singer Brice Portius, keyboardist Trevor Jeavons, bassist Ray Chappell, and drummer Leo Manning, began playing gigs along with a British rock band, Cream as well as an American blues singer, songwriter, and guitarist, John Lee Hooker in 1966 at Nags Head.
The band then debuted in the United States of America after few changes in the original line-up in the late 1960s which brought them huge success in the music industry. The band was able to get various spots on Billboard Hot 100 list with songs like ‘Tell Mama’ and ‘Street Corner Talking’ in the 1970s.
During the same decade, various members left to pursue their solo careers, so Kim then recruited keyboardist Paul Raymond, bassist Andy Silvester and drummer Dave Bidwell from blues band Chicken Shack as well as vocalist Dave Walker from the Birmingham club circuit. This line-up became a massive hit in the US and was able to become one of the famous blues-rock bands in both the States and Britain.
After the departure of Dave Walker from the band in the early 1990s, Tim focused on his solo career. ‘Solitaire’ was his first solo album to be released in 1997 which was followed by another acoustic release, Blues Like Midnight, in 2001.
In the mid 200s, Kim toured all around the world along with Savoy Brown and released an album entitled ‘Voodoo Moon’ in 2011 for the celebration of 45 years with Savory Brown Band.
After taking a break for over two years, Kim Simmonds and Savoy Brown made a comeback with ‘ Goin’ to the Delta’ which peaked at the top five in the Billboard Blues Albums chart.
‘Witchy Feelin’’ which was released in 2017, became a hit and placed itself at number one on Billboard’s blues chart. The band is still active and their last release was in 2019 with the album ‘City Night’. Tim Simmonds has released five albums during his solo career and forty albums with the band.
Kim Simmonds Net Worth
According to various online sources, the total net worth of Kim Simmonds is estimated to be USD 40 million. The direct source of income for his huge fortune comes from his long career in the music industry as a musician. His other direct source includes his album sales (both solo and with band).
Awards and Achievements
The following are some achievements of Kim Simmonds and the Savoy Brown band:
- The hit song ‘Train to Nowhere’ helped the album ‘Blue Matter’ onto the spot of 182 in the Billboard 200, in 1968.
- Savoy Brown landed various spots on the Billboard 200 throughout the 1970s with their various albums.
- ‘ Goin’ to the Delta’ peaked at the top five in the Billboard Blues Albums chart in 2014.
Some of Kim Simmonds popular works include:
- Blue Matter
- Let It Ride
- Bring It Home
- Struck by Lightning
- Blues Like Midnight
- Jazzin’ on the Blues
Some unknown facts related to Kim Simmonds and his band, Savoy Brown:
- Savoy Brown holds the record of being one of the longest-running blues/rock bands in the music industry.
- In an interview back in 2020, Simmonds jokingly stated that he was married to the band, Savoy Brown.
- Kim loves to drive and collect vintage cars.
- Simmonds, being British by nationality currently resides in the United States to work on his music.
- Kim has admitted that his inspiration for his songs comes from normal day-to-day works and things such as talking to one another, watching tv, and more.
Wiki and Short Bio.
- Name: Kim Simmonds
- Birth Name: Kim Maiden Simmonds
- NickName: N/A
- Birth Date: 5 December 1947
- Birth Place: Newbridge, Caerphilly, Wales
- Age: 74
- Gender: Male
- Zodiac: Sagittarius
- Nationality: British
- Ethnicity: White
- Religion: Not disclosed
- Father’s Name: Not disclosed
- Mother’s Name: Not disclosed
- Sibling: One older brother
- Name: Not disclosed
- Relationship Status: N/A
- Marital Status: N/A
- Spouse: N/A
- Children: N/A
- Occupation: Musician, singer-songwriter, record producer, guitarist
- Net Worth: USD 40 million
- Height: 5 feet 3 inches (160 cm or 1.60 m)
- Weight: 269 lbs (122 kg)
- Complexion: Fair
- Hair color: Blonde
- Eye Color: Green
- Social media: Twitter @savoy_brown, Instagram @kimsimmondsart